International Deadline: December 18, 2017 – Arte
Laguna Prize is an international free-themed art award aimed at
enhancing Contemporary Art divided into 9 sections with an international
jury who will select 115 finalist artists. The Prize is open to all
Artists, with no restrictions of age and nationality. Each artist can
participate with one or more artworks, also in more than one section.
The theme is free.
Artworks may have been previously exhibited and belong to following
sections: painting, sculpture and installation, photographic art, video
art and short films, performance, virtual art, digital graphics, land
art and urban art.
The jurors of the different sections will evaluate the works taking
into considerations the international contemporary art features and
according to qualitative criteria, research and technical ability.
The Prize is open to all Artists, with no restrictions of age, sex,
nationality or any other qualifications. Each artist can participate
with one or more artworks, also in more than one section. Artworks may
have been previously exhibited. The theme is free.
- Sculpture and Installation
- Photographic Art
- Video Art and Short films
- Virtual Art
- Digital Graphics
- Environmental / Land Art
- Urban Art works
- Domenico De Chirico (Italy, Independent Curator)
- Caroline Corbetta (Italy, Independent Curator)
- Denis Curti (Italy, Artistic Director of Casa dei Tre Oci in Venice)
- Nicolangelo Gelormini (Italy, Film Director)
- Emanuele Montibeller (Italy, Artistic Director of Arte Sella in Trentino)
- Simone Pallotta (Italy, Curator of public and urban art)
- Nadim Samman (Great Britain, Curator and Art Historian)
- Manuel Segade (Spain, Director of Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo in Madrid)
- Ekaterina Shcherbakova (Russia, Independent Curator and Art Critic)
- Eva Wittocx (Belgium, Senior Curator at M-Museum in Lovanio)
The international jury will select 115 artists for:
- the final exhibition in Venice in March 2018
- 5 cash prizes of € 7,000 each
- 3 personal exhibitions in international Art Galleries
- 3 collaborations with companies and art management platforms
- 11 Art Residencies
- 3 International Festivals
- 1 Sustainability and Art Prize
- publication in the official catalogue
- € 7.000,00 Painting
- € 7.000,00 Sculpture and Installation | Virtual Art
- € 7.000,00 Photographic Art | Digital Graphics
- € 7.000,00 Video Art and Short Films | Performance
- € 7.000,00 Land Art | Urban Art
3 Artist in Gallery Prizes:
Realization of 3 personal exhibitions in international Art
Galleries including: set-up, grant of € 500 and a dedicated digital
- Galerie Isabelle Lesmeister, Regensburg Germany
- Galeria Fernando Santos, Porto Portugal
- Chelouche Gallery for Contemporary Art, Tel Aviv Israel
Prize Sustainability and Art:
- ARS (Art Reuse Sustainability) of glass
- Prize of 3,000 Euro for the winning project that enhances glass as part of the RRR strategies (Reuse, Recycle, Reduce).
11 Artist in Residence Prizes
Art Residency programs in Italy and abroad in order to provide a space
and time to experience a new culture, create new works and participate
in new activities in a multicultural environment.
- San Francisco Art Residency, San Francisco USA
- The Art Department – Casa dell’Arte International Artists’ Residency, Bodrum Turkey
- GLO’ART, Lanaken Belgium
- Espronceda, Barcelona Spain
- Basu Foundation for the Arts, Kolkata India
- Artistic Serigraphy Fallani, Venice Italy
- Farm Cultural Park, Favara Italy
- Arte Sella, Trentino Italy
- The Swatch Art Peace Hotel, Shanghai China
- Maradiva Cultural Residency, Flic-en-Flac Mauritius
- Murano Glass Art Residency, Murano Venice, Italy
3 Business for Art Prizes
Collaborations with companies and art management platforms, meant to connect creativity with the business world.
- Zanetto Craftsmanship, Padua Italy: Prize of 2,000 Euro for the
winning product design for a vase which will contain at least one noble
metal sheet, and realization of the project.
- Biafarin, Canada: 12 Gold Membership Packages for 12 artists, 12
Biafarin Blue Membership Packages. Prize of US$ 4,000 to 4 selected
artists (Each US$ 1,000)
- Artmajeur, France: Promotion of 1 artist through the platform and
the services of the portal artmajeur.com For the finalist artists: a
free Platinum account, for 1 year
3 Festivals & Exhibitions
International collaborations with Festivals and Organizations to create a
network where artists, visibility, and new projects meet.
- Art Stays, Ptuj Slovenia: participation in the Festival and 7-day stay
- Art Nova 100, Beijing China: exhibition of the 10 finalist videos in Summer 2018
- Open International Exhibition of Sculptures and Installations, Venice Italy: participation in the exhibition for 1 month
FINAL EXHIBITION: ARSENALE OF VENICE
The major collective exhibition will take place in the historical
location of the Arsenale in Venice in March 2018: 30 works of painting,
25 sculptures and installations, 25 works of photographic art, 10
videos, 5 land art works, 5 works of urban art, 5 works of virtual art, 5
works of digital graphics, 5 performances.which will be performed live
during the exhibition’s opening ceremony.
For the partial support of the organization expenses, the entry
fee is 55.00 Euro for 1 work and 50.00 Euro for every additional work
(submitted to the same section).
For under-25 artists the entry fee is 50.00 Euro for 1 work and 45.00 Euro for every additional work.
Visit us for more details and to apply.
The brainchild of Cultural Association MoCA, Arte Laguna Prize is an
international art competition dedicated to the visual arts, in
particular painting, sculpture, photography, video art and performance,
virtual and digital art. Its aim is to promote and support the artists
and their career by offering a range of opportunities.
Since 2006 Arte Laguna Prize has grown and created year after year a
network of collaborations with Foundations, Museums, Galleries,
Companies and Art Residencies programs. It established partnerships with
art galleries, connections with the business world and art residencies.
During its 10 editions Arte Laguna Prize has worked with artists from
over 112 countries and with professionals from different backgrounds in
the international art scene that make up the judging panel.
Since 2010, the exhibition of the 110 finalist works has been held at
the Arsenal of Venice, one of the most popular venues for contemporary
art in the world.
Via Roma, 29/A
t: +39 041 5937242 – int. 4
Top of Page