Woodson Art Museum' 2018 Birds in Art Exhibition
By Woodson Art Museum
International Deadline: April 15, 2018 – Three
simple words – birds in art – took on a life of their own when they
became a Woodson Art Museum exhibition title. Now into its fifth decade,
Birds in Art is recognized around the world as the exhibition that sets
the standard for avian art.
Since 1976, Birds in Art has showcased the remarkable talents of more
than 1,000 international artists, who have presented their very best
work interpreting birds and related subject matter.
The Woodson Art Museum again invites two- and three-dimensional artists
working in all mediums other than crafts and photography to submit
original artworks for jury consideration for Birds in Art 2018.
- No one dimension shall exceed 72 inches [183 centimeters].
- No work shall exceed 150 pounds [68 kilograms].
- All work must have been executed in 2016, 2017, or 2018.
- No work shall have been previously exhibited at the Woodson Art Museum.
Visit us for complete prospectus and online application.
A maximum of two works may be entered per artist; however, artists
selected for Birds in Art will be represented by only one work.
All artists submitting images for consideration can receive a
complimentary 2018 Birds in Art catalogue, shipping included
(approximately 132 pages; full color).
- April 15, 2018 Postmark and online submission deadline for application materials
- May 11, 2018 On or about; Email notifications to artists
- June 7, 2018 Deadline for receipt of
– Loan Agreement, Loan Inventory
– Biographical Forms
– Imaging fee
– Digital image OR original artwork to be photographed at the Museum
- July 20, 2018 Deadline for receipt of remaining artwork
- September 7, 2018 Preview reception and dinner for exhibiting artists
- September 8, 2018 Public opening and program
- November 25, 2018 Exhibition closes at the Woodson Art Museum
- December 30, 2018 Complete return of artwork not included in tour
- January 15, 2020 Complete return of artwork included in tour
The Woodson Art Museum is one of only two art museums among the five
museums and five libraries named 2017 National Medal winners on May 15,
2017, by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, a federal agency
supporting the nation’s approximately 123,000 libraries and 35,000
museums, all of which are eligible for the award.
The Woodson Art Museum’s mission is to enhance lives through art.
Therefore, the Museum continually strives for excellence in providing
audiences with quality art experiences through the permanent collection,
changing exhibitions, and education programs for all ages.
Woodson Art Museum
700 North Twelfth Street
Wausau, Wisconsin 54403-5007
Direct other inquiries to
Top of Page
Email this article
Printer friendly page