U.S. National Deadline: April 30, 2020 – The Council
on Aging-Southern California’ invites all professional and amateur
photographers, 18 years and over, to submit entries that capture the
thriving lives of older adults, the beauty in wrinkles, and the dignity
of a life well lived.
All amateur or professional photographers residing in the United States
who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of image submission are
eligible. Employees of COASC are not eligible for a prize.
Photos selected by our esteemed panel of jurors will be exhibited for
over 9 million viewers later this year at the Bowers Museum, Newport
Beach Central Library and at John Wayne Airport in the Vi Smith
Michele Cardon, Director of Photography, Orange County Register
Jacques Garnier, Artist President of The Legacy Project
Laurel Hungerford, Photographer
Laurie Mirman, Founder/President, Site Services
Barbara White, Photographer
Entrants have the opportunity to win from an impressive prize package:
Professional Prize Package:
- Grand Prize – $1,00
- Second Prize – $375
- Third Prize – $250
- 2 Honorable Mentions – $75 each
Amateur Prize Package:
- Grand Prize – $500
- Second Prize – $150
- Third Prize – $100
- 2 Honorable Mentions – $50 each
There is a $30 fee for up to 3 images when submitted by May 4, 2019. Additional images are $10 each, maximum of 6 images total.
To be eligible for any category, a photograph must have been shot by the
entrant after January 1, 2020. Visit us to review guidelines, fees, and
- April 30, 2020, 5pm PST—All entries must be received.
- May 6, 2020—Judging will take place and winners notified by email on or about, May 11, 2020.
- July 2020–March 2021—Selected photographs will be displayed at the John Wayne Airport Vi Smith Gallery.
- Late Summer 2020 (Dates TBA)—Selected photographs will be displayed at the Bowers Museum.
- Fall 2020 (Dates TBA)—Selected photographs will be displayed at the Newport Beach Central Library.
Questions? Contact us at 714.479.0107
The Council on Aging –
Southern California operates from 93 locations, including senior
centers. Our programs and services cover almost 42,000 square miles
across Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Inyo and Mono counties.
2 Executive Circle, Suite 175
Irvine, CA 92614
Top of Page