Generous Summer Residency Program
By Gilbertsville Expressive Movement Inc.
International Deadline: March 1, 2019 –
Gilbertsville Expressive Movement Inc. (GEM) is excited offer a unique
opportunity to up-and-coming artists who wish to expand their current
body of work or begin anew. All practices are welcome to submit
portfolios for consideration.
Artists are encouraged to be ambitious and enjoy a private studio
knowing materials, housing, and a living allowance will be provided
during their stay in beautiful Gilbertsville NY. Five artists will be
chosen to come and work during the months of May to September. Selected
artists will be asked to choose which month they prefer, and a second
choice in the application.
Submissions will be selected according to a clear sense of independent
drive, craftsmanship, and an ability to produce a cohesive body of work.
Applicants must have achieved a BA, BFA, MA, or MFA.
Selected artists must conceive and conduct one public workshop or artist
talk/demo during their stay. Open studios will occur for public
interaction. Artists will be expected to donate one piece of art made on
site to add to the GEM collection
- Living Allowance: $1,500.00
- Material budget: +-$1,000.00 (Budget is established on selection)
- Housing: Private room, shared bath/kitchen, WIFI, phone.
- 24/7 private studio access, 1 skilled assistant (hours vary)
APPLY ONLINE – $25 Application Fee
Please submit via the Gilbertsville Expressive Movement website
- Artist resume (2 pages)
- Letter of intent (one page)
- Artist statement (brief)
- 10(min) 15(max) images of past/current work. (JPG 5mb max)
- Deadline for submissions: March 1st
- Notification of selections: April 1st
- Selected artists must choose their preferred month, and a secondary choice in their application.
Questions? Call 607-783-2897 email GvilleExpress@gmail.com
Gilbertsville Expressive Movement
1 Commons Drive
Gilbertsville, NY 13776
The mission of GEM is to support the education and promotion of local
artistry in the Gilbertsville, New York area by providing funds and
direct assistance through fellowships, residency and internship programs
for emerging artists in the area of art, music, literature and other
programs or projects.
Top of Page
Email this article
Printer friendly page