ArtDeadlines.Com | Printer Version|
100 Square Inches of Art
By 3 Square Art
U.S. National Deadline: September 28, 2018 – 100
Square Inches of Art pushes the creative powers of local and national
artists to expressive their artistic vision inside of 100 square inches
or less… no more. Art can be made into any form or shape as long as the
total square inches used is equal to or less than 100 square inches (3D
Artists get an extra 10 inches of depth for a total of 1000 cubic
inches!). See color, see shape, see forms or figures, portraits or
abstracts. All in a small form factor that is perfect for a holiday gift
or a special addition to your personal art collection.
Thinking small encourages creative thinking and a sense of detail.
How can working on a small scale help bring out your vision? How can a
small art piece take on a large presence? How much art can an artist
pack into a small space? Will the piece be 1″ wide and 100″ long, 10″ x
10″ or something else?
We are looking for all types of works–painting, sculpture,
photography and more–works that show off your ability and creativity to
work is a small space. Only 100 square inches will be allowed or less.
However, the dimensions are up to you and multiple pieces can be
submitted as a single diptych. Give viewers and collectors a chance to
purchase a small piece of your artwork… The main criteria for selection
is creativity and fresh approaches in the artwork and use of the small
3SA Exhibitions are open to any artist, professionals as well as
students are encouraged to enter. We are looking for all types of
works–painting, sculpture, photography and more–works that show off your
ability and creativity with color. Small and large formats. Give
viewers and collectors a chance to see what color can do for them… The
main criteria for selection is creativity and fresh approaches in the
Selected artists for the exhibition receive the following benefits:
– Posting to 3SA website and social media platforms
– Professional exhibition space and display of artwork
– One of top galleries in Northern Colorado (great addition to resume)
– Press releases on exhibition sent to 3SA media outlets
– Accepted artists will be listed on the 3SA website with work and link to their website
– 3SA Gold Award: $200
– 3SA Silver Award: $100
– First Honorable Mention Award: 1 Free entry to future 3SA Calls for Entry (1 yr).
– Second Honorable Mention Award: Award Certificate
$38 for 3 images, $5 for additional work (up to 5)
Visit us for more information and easy online entry.
3 Square Art Gallery will retain a commission of 40% of the sale price on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- September 28: Deadline for receipt of entries
- October 5: Notification sent by email to all entrants. (Artists are required to confirm receipt of the email)
- October 12: Artwork Loan Agreement due date
- November 2 & November 3, 1-5pm: Dates for hand delivered to 3 Square Art Gallery, or by appointment
- November 3: Accepted artwork due to 3 Square Art Gallery by this date. Shipped works must be arrived by November 3
- November 9: Opening reception
- December 1: Final Day of Exhibition
- December 4, 1-5pm: Pick-up hand-delivered work
- December 7 – 10: Schedule artwork for shipping (arranged by artist)
Please call 970-581-9046 with any questions.
3 Square Art’s is a fine art gallery in Northern Colorado. The beautiful
space and high ceilings provide the perfect venue for varying sizes of
works and installations. The gallery is focused on the “S” component of
CSL (Creating, Sharing, Learning) or Sharing and will feature exhibits
from national and international artists. 3 Square Art’s ongoing exhibits
feature themed topics to push the boundaries and business of art as
well as to have fun and connect with others.
3 Square Art
2415 Donella Ct Ste 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524
© Copyright 2014 by ArtDeadline.Com