ArtDeadlines.Com | Printer Version|
Color 2018: 2nd Annual Exhibit
By 3 Square Art
U.S. National Deadline: July 27, 2018 – Color 2018.
Pure and raw. A splash of color, lines of colors, dabs of color, colored
fabric, colored hair, color color color! Throw yourself full force into
the world of color and unleash your creativity! This exhibit is going
to highlight color in every way. The 2nd Annual Color Exhibit is here
Color theory is taught in art foundation training. Remember the color
wheel, primary colors, and secondary colors? And how they can play off
each other. An entire generation of artists influenced by abstract
expressionism created a movement called Color Field painting. This isn’t
the 50s and 60s when great artists like Mark Rothko, Joan Miro, Jackson
Pollock, Helen Frankenthaler, Clyfford Stil roamed the streets of New
York made their mark. However, we now have electronics, neon, LEDs,
Post-It notes, computers, videos, markers, and endless other new arrays
of materials and tools to use. We want to see what you can imagine when
you get colorful!
3SA Exhibitions are open to any artist, professionals as well as
students are encouraged to enter. We are looking for all types of
works–painting, sculpture, photography and more–works that show off your
ability and creativity with color. Small and large formats. Give
viewers and collectors a chance to see what color can do for them… The
main criteria for selection is creativity and fresh approaches in the
Selected artists for the exhibition receive the following benefits:
– Posting to 3SA website and social media platforms
– Professional exhibition space and display of artwork
– One of top galleries in Northern Colorado (great addition to resume)
– Press releases on exhibition sent to 3SA media outlets
– Accepted artists will be listed on the 3SA website with work and link to their website
– 3SA Gold Award: $200
– 3SA Silver Award: $100
– First Honorable Mention Award: 1 Free entry to future 3SA Calls for Entry (1 yr).
– Second Honorable Mention Award: Award Certificate
$38 for 3 images, $5 for additional work (up to 5)
Visit us for more information and easy online entry.
3 Square Art Gallery will retain a commission of 40% of the sale price on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- July 31: Notification sent by email to all entrants. (Artists are required to confirm receipt of the email)
- August 5: Artwork Loan Agreement due date
- August 22, 23, and 24, 1-5pm: Dates for hand delivered to 3 Square Art Gallery, or by appointment
- August 24: Accepted artwork due to 3 Square Art Gallery by this date. Shipped works must be arrived by August 24
- August 31: Opening reception
- September 28: Final Day of Exhibition
- September 29, 1-5pm: Pick-up hand-delivered work
- October 5: Schedule shipped artwork for pickup (arranged by artist)
Please call 970-581-9046 with any questions.
3 Square Art’s is a fine art gallery in Northern Colorado. The beautiful
space and high ceilings provide the perfect venue for varying sizes of
works and installations. The gallery is focused on the “S” component of
CSL (Creating, Sharing, Learning) or Sharing and will feature exhibits
from national and international artists. 3 Square Art’s ongoing exhibits
feature themed topics to push the boundaries and business of art as
well as to have fun and connect with others.
3 Square Art
2415 Donella Ct Ste 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524
© Copyright 2014 by ArtDeadline.Com