ArtDeadlines.Com | Printer Version|
Close-up Photographer of the Year
By Close-up Photographer of the Year
International Deadline: February 28, 2019 – Close-up
Photographer of the Year celebrates close-up, macro and micro
photography. It is an annual competition created to showcase images that
help us see the world anew.
The competition is open to anyone, living in any part of the world and using any camera or microscope to take pictures.
There are six categories to choose from:
- Animals — From details of birds and mammals to macro shots of invertebrates and small creatures.
- Plants & fungi — In detail or captured up-close within the habitat.
- Intimate landscape — Natural, non-living objects and substances such as water and rock.
- Manmade — Objects and materials conceived or created by humans.
- Micro — Pictures on any subject captured with a microscope.
- Young CUPOTY — Open to photographers aged 17 or under on the closing date.
An elite panel of experts will judge the entries, including David
Maitland, Sue Bishop, Robert Thompson, Ross Hoddinott, Keith Wilson and
co-founder Tracy Calder.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
The 100 best pictures entered into the competition, as chosen
by our judges, will be displayed on the Winners Gallery of our website.
This will be a permanent record of achievement for the photographers
A prize fund worth over £4,000 is shared between the overall winner and six category winners:
- Overall winner — £1,000 cash + SIGMA 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO Art lens + SIGMA sd Quattro camera.
- Category winner — £300
- Young CUPOTY — SIGMA 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO Art lens
APPLY ONLINE – £10 Entry Fee
Visit us for complete details and easy online entry.
Close-up Photographer of the Year respects your rights and does not
claim copyright for pictures you submit to the competition, you will
retain full copyright for each entry.
© Copyright 2014 by ArtDeadline.Com