By South Bend Museum of Art
U.S. National Deadline: May 12, 2019 The South
Bend Museum of Art (SBMA) is seeking large-scale 2D and 3D artwork for
long-term display in Sightlines, a collaborative project between SBMA
and Century Center. The two year exhibition will highlight the work of
six new artists. Indoor and outdoor sites for the work are available and
will be considered for accepted work.
Sightlines is open to any artist. Any large-scale 2D and 3D artwork will be considered.
- Indoor sculptures and 2D artwork (paintings, framed photographs,
etc.) will be mounted high on interior walls for security purposes (via
anchors in grout). Indoor work can be of any media.
- Outdoor sculptures will be freestanding and installed on grass or
cement. Works can be steel, bronze, wood, stone or synthetic materials,
and should be substantial enough to stand up to the elements and limited
public interaction for the 2-year period.
- All artwork (indoor and outdoor) will need to withstand exposure to sunlight over the 2-year period.
Artist submission review and selection will be done by representatives from SBMA and Century Center.
Artists will receive a $1000 stipend for a selection of 1-3 artworks
($500 on delivery/ $500 on pick up) and be featured in a modest printed
piece documenting the project (printed in 2020).
APPLY ONLINE $10 Application Fee
Visit us for complete details and easy online entry.
- May 12, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST: Deadline for entry
- May 1324, 2019: Jurying of entries
- May 27, 2019: e-mailed notification sent (no later than)
- June 23July 26, 2019: Delivery of work and installation. Exact
timing to be determined, coordinating with SBMA staff (there is
- August 3, 2019: Exhibition opens
- September 6, 2019: Artists reception (5:009:00 p.m. EST)
- May 16, 2021: Exhibition closes
- May 17, 2021: Pick-up of work begins
Since its founding in 1947, the SBMA has provided insight into
the art, history and culture of the region and nation. Its classroom and
exhibition spaces are located inside Century Center, which is an
architectural delight. Designed by Philip Johnson and John Burgee, the
museum occupies three levels in the northern wing of the building.
South Bend Museum of Art
120 S. St. Joseph Street
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Century Center Convention Center hosts hundreds of events per year.
With thousands of annual visitors, the Center hosts meetings,
conventions, consumer shows, banquets, weddings, trade shows and
120 Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Top of Page
Email this article
Printer friendly page