U.S. Regional Deadline: August 14, 2018 – TFA’s
annual flagship programming event is ArtLAB. ArtLAB (Live Artist Battle)
is an all-ages Arts Festival and live juried art show.
The community event hosts an open-air market, offers hands-on
activities, and provides local Tampa Bay artists a forum to create
personal 2D artwork around a theme, followed by a public gallery showing
All Tampa Bay area painters over the age of 18 are invited to enter
artLAB’s arts festival and live 2D art contest. Only 30 artist slots
The 2nd annual artLAB will take place at the Carrollwood Cultural
Center (Tampa) on Saturday 10.20.18. It is a one-of-a-kind arts
festival. Artists will have 2 hours to produce their own artwork on a
canvas from start to finish.
Entry is $10 and includes a 12 x 12 canvas. Artists will bring their
own easels and other materials. A theme will be announced 10 minutes
before the contest begins.
All artworks will be up for Silent Auction both during the live
painting and until the winner is announced. Silent Auction proceeds will
be split 50/50 between the artist and TFA (after processing fees, if
The contest is open to all 2D artists over the age of 18 residing in
Tampa Bay. Artists must be 18 years of age by Saturday, October 20,
- Winner: $200 cash/gift card for art supplies & the opportunity for a solo gallery show at the CCC March & April 2019
- 2nd place: Tampa Museum of Art Annual Membership (1 year) & a $100 gift card for art supplies
- 3rd place: $50 gift card for art supplies & Tampa Museum of Art Annual Membership (1 year)
- Honorable mention: Tampa Museum of Art Annual Membership (1 year)
- People’s Choice Award: $25 gift card for art supplies
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- Artists will have 2 hours to produce their own artwork from start to
finish on a 12 x 12 canvas, based on a theme which will be announced 10
minutes before the contest begins.
- To qualify, artwork cannot contain nudity, violence or overt
political overtones. These requirements are not those of TFA, but of the
event venue, the Carrollwood Cultural Center.
- Any work which does not adhere to the theme and/or any
unprofessionally-presented work will be disqualified from both the
competition and the exhibition.
- Aerosols/spray paint is not permitted. No exceptions.
- Artists will bring their own easels, palettes, and other materials.
- Each artist must check-in at registration (in person), sign a waiver and pay any unpaid entry fee (for walk-up entry only).
- All art work must be uniquely created by the artist who is
registered with TFA, created without assistance, whether mechanical,
photographic, or other persons, and must be completed during the
allotted production time.
- Artists are encouraged to cover the sides of the gallery wrap canvas for aesthetic purposes.
Only 30 artist slots available. Entries will be judged by juror(s) based on concept and originality. Juror decisions are final.
TFA reserves artist slot only upon completed registration and receipt of
entry fee. Entry is $10 and includes a premium gallery-wrapped 12 x 12
canvas. Walk-up entry fee is $40 and is dependent upon availability.
Optional entry as vendor: artists who wish to sell
previously-completed work in a 10×10 space (tent not included, nor
required) will be offered discounted vendor space at $25 ($10 off).
To register, send an email requesting registration forms to Sarah at ThornhillFoundationfortheArts@gmail.com. Deadline is 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
Thornhill Foundation for the Arts is a Florida 501(c)3 corporation
created to raise arts awareness in the Tampa Bay area and beyond.
PO Box 18811
Tampa, FL 33679
Top of Page